I saw it last night. Worth paying full price on the big screen, if only to better see all the cool period military stuff these guys are wearing and carrying.

FINALLY too we get to see the Enfield in all its glory as a primary infantry weapon in combat cool Nice to see it cocked too when it’s supposed to be in the scene.

For me it was a treat too to hear all the different regional English accents of my childhood , tho just like in “Ford vs Ferrari” at one point they throw in the term “wanker” which I believe only appeared over the last 50 years, never heard it as a kid ( or else I woulda used it 🙂).

“April 1917”? I’ll cut em some slack but clearly judging by the flowers and trees it weren’t always April when the movie was shot.

Finally the bird calls. I can’t hear a bird call without putting it in context of time and place anymore than I can look at a word without reading it. They were doing good most of the movie until that common loon howl in the German trench scene 🙄

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744