Originally Posted by wabigoon
Have your funeral planed? I went to a cousin's yesterday. Along with wanting a couple of hymns I have in mind, I think I'll ask for fireworks set off at the cemetery last thing. laugh

wabigoon;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and your fine family well and warm on the second Saturday of 2020.

Since we've been dealing with the passing of my own mother in the past year and we're not sure how much longer my much loved mother in law will be with us, it's been a much discussed topic in our immediate family.

Along with that of course, we've done a fair bit of estate planning which is, in my opinion the most unselfish thing we can do for the folks who'll be in charge of cleaning up what we've accumulated. I'll add a plea here for all the gentle readers to have a current and valid will done as soon as possible and thanks in advance from all of us who've been executors.

Personally, I've told the family that my wish is for cremation and they can scatter my remains on whatever decent mulie and whitetail habitat they can access when the time comes. I figure that since I've spent a full lifetime eating venison grown on the mountain behind the house, the least I can do is fertilize some feed for them when I pass.

With regards to a service wabigoon, I've left it up to them to decide what they'd like to do as I'm of the belief that funeral services are for the living left behind, if that makes sense?

All the best to you folks in 2020 and do stay warm as this next Arctic front moves southward.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"