If you got a tag for the Applegate unit... the rut is going pretty well by November...

go out toward Applegate Lake, and there is some good hunting out that way, although not easy open country hunting..
some big ones can be found toward the end of the reservoir there... you are within spittin distance of the California line..

another good spot is out east on Hwy 66 of Ashland.. up around an area call Copco Road...that runs south of 66,
but I don't think that is in the Applegate Unit...

IIRC, the Applegate Unit, is the CA state line to the south...I 5 on one side and US 199 on the other..
Parker Mountain on the road over to Happy Camp CA is also a spot that have a lot of deer...get off of US 199 south or Rough and Ready area, and head toward Takilma...once ya hit Takilma, head on up the mountain road toward Happy Camp...there is a rest area and parking area on Parker Mountain, for cross country skiing, snowmobiling etc..I've hunted that area.. there are a lot of deer in that area, and its not a bad hunting area..might not hurt to carry a side arm tho... there are cougars in that area..
I've had a few stalk me in that area...could tell by paw prints in the snow....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez