GRF:

Since you haven't been there since 09, be prepared to be shocked by the amount of development all over the country. Industrial/commercial around the airport (Hosea Katako and Eros both). The housing developments from the airport into town and pretty much all the way around it. The downtown CBD is nearly the same except for the Hilton and the new National Museum at the top of "the hill", and the addition of several shopping malls in the CBD and there are 4-5 shopping malls now around the various parts of the city away from the CBD etc. LOTS of Chinese shops and restaurants as well as Chinese and North Koreans running all over the place. Lots of new multi-story apartments/condos all over town and the outlying property all around the city.

They were just starting to "improve" the road from the A/P to Windhoek this past Aug. The main road from Windhoek north to Oakahandja (B1) is now just about all four lane.

Since you mentioned Swakop, if you go back the downtown CBD is pretty much the same but the surrounding areas are now full of housing developments. If the last time you were in Swakop you drove the beach road to Walvis Bay, nearly that entire stretch called Long Beach, is now up scale housing developments from the road west to the beach and waters edge.

I could go on for a page or two but you get the idea. We're back there every year and it's still hard to believe all the development going on there.

I presume that since you've been there you understand the size of the country and drive times. I think it is something like 600k from Windhoek to the western "entry" to the Caprivi and then another day's drive to the eastern boarder and Vic Falls. Since you're closer to Vic Falls and Chobe NP, than just about anything in the rest of Namibia, I'd recommend you spend your free tour time in Vic Falls (good for about 3-full days) and Chobe NP for a day or two. If you're taking your own rifles, suggest you ask your last Namibia hotel/B&B, if they would store you rifles while you go to Vic Falls (Zim) or Chobe NP (Bots) and avoid all the temp import hassles, and pick them up on your way back - Unless you decide to fly back from Vic Falls or Maun (Bots).

You're going to have a great time with your planning and a great trip....but then you already know that!