Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Originally Posted by gunner500
Funny stuff, never saw a 70 fail either, but did get in a hurry with some buds running and gunning a 700 and short stroked the sombitch. blush

And even if/when I have a rifle problem during hunting season it’s still my fault, because I should have figured that [bleep] out before the season started!

I’m not suggesting the 70 is a poor action. I just don’t warm up to it.

They can ALL have problems, if some were indeed bullet proof, no replacement repair parts would have ever been made, try as I might, pretty sure I'm never going have to buy a replacement head for my 8# splitting maul ; ]

That’s a fact Gunner!

Yeah, the rifles you’re talking about Joel were Bills PF 300, my old Masher, and Bills old 700 7 Rem Mag. Not saying that Pre 64’s don’t have issues and the Classics can be parts rifles in a box but if they are worked out they are pretty damned hard to make act poorly.

Saying that, 700’s don’t bother me either. But like Gunner, things just break in my paws sometimes...

And even the PF70s are darn good. Like Gunner said I agree they can all have problems. My CRF 70 is a newer version, I’ve never had a Pre-64.