Although now discontinued, there are still some 1.5-8X32 and 2-10X40 Razor HD LHs on Ebay at the moment with the G4 reticle. If you're wanting a simple hunting reticle, I think it qualifies as such. I have the 1.5-8X32 with the G4 reticle, and I think it's an outstanding hunting reticle. It looks somewhat like a #4 without the upper vertical stadia, but with a center dot. The outer bars are very bold, tapering to narrower bars near the center, and the small center dot allows for precision aiming. The bold outer bars extend far enough toward the center to allow easy bracketing of a deer sized animals vitals in very low light. It does have BDC marks below the center dot, but there are only 2 and they're small and unobtrusive.

The 1.5-8X32 is very compact and light. I would not choose it if you planned to twirl knobs, and it wasn't designed for such; it's a "set and forget" scope. In that role, I think it's a very nice scope. I love the G4 reticle, it has retained zero for me so far, and it's optically very nice.

I'm not a fan of most of Vortex's rifle scopes, but I do think those from the Razor series are pretty good, especially at the discounted price I paid for mine.

Ted