Originally Posted by acy
I have a SP1 that I bought in the early 80s. I want to get an extra upper for it that I can scope (I have a carry handle scope mount and don't care for it). Looking to go 18 or 20 inch. Will use for plinking, varmints and maybe some deer. More accurate is always better than less, but I won't be entering any long range matches. I have home/property defense covered with a 16" piston operated, aimpoint, quad rail, etc. Looking for just screwing around. Any suggestions?

Good question. I look forward to seeing the answers you get. I know some guys around here use green mountain barrels, some use ballistic advantage and some use a local company called bison armory. I'm half tempted to try them out, as they are local and offer a great accuracy guarantee. From what I hear, they make some pretty accurate upper assemblies... I'm not going to guarantee you get "1/2" or better (1/4" ha ha, rolling here), but they do have a 1 moa guarantee if you use good ammo... Hell, I wouldn't even guarantee my rifles to shoot "1/2" and I know they shoot better than most here. Just sayin... wink I'd also bet money that they shoot better than the above mentioned "1/2" shooter. Truth... Oh wait, FNG probably talking 3 shot groups. Ok, I understand now... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA