***Please make a sticky***

All:

Here are the details for this years Savagefest.

The time and location of the event will be as follows.

12PM May 29 to 12PM May 31.

Delta County Chamber of Commerce
1001 North Lincoln Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
(906) 786-2192

What is really good about this location is that the new Marble Arms Museum is located in the same building. So if you like Marbles stuff, this place is for you. Also, overnight security of our displays will be provided by an actual local sheriff deputy. This is a brand new building that is very roomy and secure.

Coordinating Instructions.

All are welcome, but please register with me BEFORE the event. RSVP by 21 May please. There is plenty of room inside this building. You can pull up your truck or trailer right up to the doors of the event. I need to know that you are coming, how many in your party, and how many 8 foot tables and chairs that you will need. There will be worthwhile prizes for the best displays. Please contact me via PM or by my email, sierpien1030yahoo.com. This event is for preregistered people only. It is not open for the local general public.

There is a commercial airport in Escanaba called the Delta County Airport (ESC). Delta Airlines comes in twice a day during the week and once a day on the weekends. There is also an Enterprise Rent a Car located in the terminal.

For lodging, I recommend you contact the Chamber of Commerce with the number provided above. Some of you might want to just come in for a few days, and some of you were talking about coming out for a week and staying on Little Bay De Noc. In conclusion, make reservations based on your own personal needs. Most places in town are very reasonable. We have chains and independent lodging. You can rent a cabin right on Little Bay De Noc if you want.

The fishing on Little Bay De Noc is generally excellent this time of year for both walleye and smallmouth bass. Little Bay is known for the location of the giant walleye. I caught a 31 inch 10.5 pound walleye last year at this time. If 4-6 of you want to get together either before or after a day at the Fest, and do a 4 hour fishing charter out in the Bay, contact the Chamber to get recommendations. It is a lot of fun. If you like to trout fish, there are numerous outstanding rivers to catch them in. In conclusion, bring your boat or waders if you have them.

Within 10 minutes of our location, there is a shooting range that we can utilize. It has 25, 50 and 100 yard targets. Also a pistol range.

I will have snacks and drinks at the event for both days. I am not sure what we are going to do for dinners yet, but we will figure something out. The cost of the event will be a donation. Give what you can. It will be safe and secure, and a lot of fun.

In conclusion, the Upper Peninsula is a really beautiful place. I consider it a real sportsman's paradise. Don't pass up the opportunity to see some really beautiful country as well as some great Savages. If you need any other info, or have other questions not answered above, please send me a PM or email. I will get you in the right direction.

See you there!

Jeff