Originally Posted by pete53
i too wear knee high muck boots, i only go to my best gun stands once before rifle deer season,thats when i take a bombadier J8 out there to knock swamp grass down in the tamarac swamp ,a month before season starts ,baiting is illegal here in Minnesota. maybe states that allow baiting deer act different because people are there more often at those sites there baiting deer ? i just know big old swamp bucks are elusive and a enclosed stand has worked well for us,but we are still careful with our scent on the walk in too.the other great thing about a good enclosed stand up here in the north country is your enclosed stand is its warm in the stand ,less movement and noise too.here in Minnesota with winter on its way we never know year to year if its 40 degrees or -20 below during our rifle season so a enclosed stand gives a hunter a advantage.

Muck boots have fabric of some type on top that will retain scent... worse than straight up rubber boots. FWIW.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....