Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by EdM
The Niners are looking pretty good so far. Packers, not so much...
Ya think? I turned it off at half-time.. The game was over right then... Now maybe the Pack will try to find a QB replacement for Rodgers... He's old and slow.. And he's developed 'tunnel vision'... Time to go..

Oh, fer chrissakes Lee - name a single WR/TE on the Packers roster not named Adams that'd start on another NFL roster...
Plenty of gas left in his tank.

Apparently 14-4 and an appearance in the NFC championship game isn't competitive enough for Redneck. Lou Holtz reflecting on "competitive":

“The year before I went to Notre Dame, Miami beat us, 58-6, so the alumni said, ‘Coach, all we want to be is competitive.’

My first year we lost five games by a total of 14 points against some of the top teams in the country. I thought that was rather competitive, but the alums said, ‘No, you don’t understand. Competitive at Notre Dame means to win, not come close.’

“The second year we went to the Cotton Bowl and the alums said, ‘We meant win ‘em all,’

The third year we won ‘em all and they said, ‘We meant by a big score.’ ”

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost