Originally Posted by ERK
Well I went and did it. I’m 67 years old and have absolutely no reason to own an AR rifle. Just the fact that libs demand I not have one of them finally brought me over to the dark side. On a good note the Ruger AR556 did shoot the Fiocchi 55 grain fmj and the 50 grain max into about 1 1/8 inch groups. Ed k

That is pretty much why I bought my first one. Mine was a Ruger MPR. I'm on my third now. The first and last proved pretty accurate but with very different ammo. The first shot the best groups but was kind of fussy. The current one likes different bullets and is almost as good as the first's best, but not quite. The middle one was good, and if I didn't know better from the other two, I would probably call it great, especially given the cost, but it simply wasn't as accurate as the other two. By accurate, the first one was shooting under half inch with 60 grain VMAX bullets. The current one has given me a number of sub MOA loads but what I like best is it keeps the accubonds under 3/4ths of an inch for 5 shots. I can do this.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...