Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by willyp
Fellow campers, beware of Mcavanah DO NOT BUY FROM this person!!!

On 1/2/2020 I made a purchase of 243 and 22-250 brass from Mcavanah, and paid him the same day with Paypal Friends and Family. He did send part of the brass I agreed to purchase, and once I found only part of the brass was missing I immediately reached out via PM to see if he forgot to include the missing brass. When I looked at the PMs I sent him, both show he read the messages. So I waited until 1/15/2020 to e-mail him, he never responded.

Now it wasn't a big loss in $$$, but everyone needs to be aware.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14437380/re-brass-for-sale#Post14437380

His PayPal:

[email protected]

I wonder if there have been any international incidents in the last few weeks that might unexpectedly render someone in the Army unavailable...

I get where you’re coming from, but I guess I might just wait a little longer before running his name through the mud over a few pieces of brass, particularly when someone else bought brass from the same deal and got everything quickly and with good communication. Hell, you even got part of what you purchased in the deal, too.

This sounds like a genuine mistake on the seller’s part and he’s probably tied up with, I don’t know, the Iran situation right now?

It never ceases to amaze me how fired up people get on here and how quick they’re willing to drag someone’s integrity through the mud before they’ve ever gotten an answer about what is/could be going on. There’s a real person on the other end of that deal, with a real life, a real job, probably a real family, real problems, etc. That guy puts the uniform on every morning, cut him a little slack. He’s clearly not trying to screw anyone or you and others wouldn’t have received anything at all. Yeah two weeks is a while, but what if he’s boots on the ground in Iran right now? Probably unlikely, but public humiliation is no way to handle a deal this small when all signs point to a simple mistake.

I would agree that’s it’s most likely a simple mistake. But when he read the pm’s (as the OP stated in his original post) why not acknowledge the mistake in a pm back and then offer the proposed fix to the mistake. Not having an additional 30 seconds to respond to the pm when you had time to read it is a weak excuse at best. Hell, could have went on to explain he was being deployed, or (insert excuse here) if that is the case. Probably didn’t have the extra 8 seconds it’d take to type that either. I guess some guys are just as quick to jump to defense as others are to jump to conclusions. At least one of them waited a couple weeks first. Another of a long list of examples where solid comms will alleviate concerns on both sides.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.