Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
The 06 is fine.. But if that is all I had, I would have quit hunting 35 years ago..

I'm of the opposite mind set. If all I ever had was the 30-06 I had 35 years ago and never bought another rifle, I would have been able to hunt with much better equipment earlier than I did. Live and learn. Instead, I was an idiot and accumulated firearms like there was no tomorrow to the exclusion of "better other gear". Hey, I've enjoyed it; but, it wasn't the smarter way to go. To the younger guys, in my opinion, you are better off utilizing two or three calibers for as many years as you can all the while accumulating as good of gear as you can afford. There will be time to accumulate plenty of rifles later on. To each their own, that's just my take. If I knew then what I know now, I would buy a 30-06 and a 223 and start acquiring other top tier gear that will last a lifetime. I would probably end up exactly where I am now, it would just be done in a different order.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 01/22/20.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ