Slickdually: I am down to just 5 (five!) XR-100's now. A member here sold me an XR-100 in 204 Ruger a couple years ago and last year came back after me to sell it back to him!
I finally relented.
The calibers I have left are:
204 Ruger (three of these)
223 Remington
22-250 Remington
EVERY one of the XR-100's I own/owned and helped friends set up have shot EXCEPTIONALLY well!
Personally I think it is/was the finest Colony Varmint factory Rifle ever made!
I have done NOTHING in the way of accurizing any of the XR-100's I own/have owned - just shot them.
And again I can't emphasize enough how well they shoot!
If you can find any of the 35 grain Berger bullets for your 204 XR-100 I highly recommend that you try them.
By a slight margin these shot THE BEST in all of my 204 XR-100's!
Alas they are/were hard to come by in my neck of the woods and I switched to the second best shooting bullet for my 204's and that is the 32 grain Sierra Blitz-Kings.
I am a GREAT advocate of the XR-100 for longer range Colony Varmint Hunting.
I kick myself for selling my fourth XR-100 in 204 Ruger but have an eye out for them constantly as I peruse gunshops and gunshows in the west.
I also kick myself for passing on an XR-100 in caliber 308 Winchester several years back.
I hope you will be as happy with your XR-100 as I am with mine!
Foolish that "Big Green" ever stopped making these superb Rifles!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I have posted this bit of information a few times in years past on this forum.
With my Remington XR-100 in 223 Remington with Leupold 8.5x25 variable scope using Berger 52 grain bullets, LaPua brass, Federal 205 Match primers and H-335 powder I fired the "smallest" group (five shots at 100 yards!) I have ever fired with a factory stock, non-Remington 40X Rifle - that group measured .121"!