Over the past few days I have had some discussions with a long time shooting friend regarding carbon barreled rifles. He wants one! I have never owned one myself. Through his research he is seriously contemplating three. He is not interested in waiting months for some type of custom build at a higher price point. I told him that I would begin a thread on this subject and then relay to him any preferential results from among any who wish to comment. Any comments are appreciated.......

So here are the three he is seriously contemplating in no particular preferential order.

Weatherby Mk5 Carbonmark,,,,,,,Christensen Arms Traverse,,,,,,Fierce Carbon Fury.

Please list your order of preference and why; breaking down all the nuts and bolts of the actions, triggers, stocks, brakes, carbon barrel differences, bedding etc and etc. Interestingly from what I gather, these three rifles are somewhat reasonably close to one another as to price giving or taking maybe $300 in either direction.

Since I own an Accumark, I am partial to the 54 degree bolt lift and the 9 lug MK5 action as well as the aesthetics. As such and amongst these three, my experience is only with the Weatherby action, trigger etc but no experience with carbon wrapped barrels. It is my understanding that carbon wrapped barrels dissipate (???) barrel heat better keeping the barrels cooler so that tighter groups can be maintained with better consistencies. Also carbon barrels can take more punishment and abuse in the field?

Feel free gents.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger