Go pick up a Tikka in .308, go to Walmart and pick up some Federal blue box 150's or Remington corelock 150's and start dropping deer. I have been using a Browning Abolt Medallion 7mm mag for approx 32 years but lately shoulder issues limit my shooting of it anymore. After reading all the info on the out of the box accuracy of the Tikka, I picked one up. I ended up finding a deal on one with a few shots down the barrel so I picked it up. So now its ammo. Again, after tons of reading, over half kept coming back to the Fed blue box of Rem corelocks, bot in 150's. I settled on the Blue Box after they were shooting sub MOA at 100 yards. Most of my shots are 100 or less. I do however have a few places where I go where shots could be 400+. I haven't tried other rounds yet with better ballistics, but for over the counter ammo, its a shooter. Others have also used Hornady white tail 150's with great sub MOA accuracy.

My son's both have Rem 700's in 308 from Academy and they drive tacks with Corelock 150's as well. These can be bought for about $425 at academy. My Tikka T3 in stainless was about $600 if I remember. Also, .308 with factory ammo should just about have infinite barrel life.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by SDupontJr; 01/24/20.