Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah i tried one of these on a Kimber 84L and it didnt fit me right, i couldn't get the scope far enough back and i dont like the chitty look of the extended ringmounts ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿฟ.....These scopes are well liked for their toughness and rock solid adjustments but the trade-off here is a very heavy, bulky 30mm scope with Leupold VX3 grade optics. If you like a sleek, svelt scope with Euro grade optics on your lightweight Mtn rifle you might want to look elsewhere......Hb

+1 I bought one a year ago, will be the last one. Mounted on my 270WSM MOntana it throws the balance off , will find another scope for it.
I agree OE, the SHV did not balance real well for Me on My 84L either.......Hb

Thatโ€™s funny because the SHV I have is on YOUR actual rifle that I bought (the Subalpine). ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‚ It sure isnt the sveltest scope, but I donโ€™t find it too bad balance and shooting wise.

I still think the Leupold 6x36 and 6x42 are the way to go on the 84L as they are trim, light, and do balance wonderfully. Iโ€™ve also tried a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40, which is on my 84L MA, and thatโ€™s pretty decent as well.

I just wanted to give the SHV a shot, and so far I can live with it and it adjusts and holds zero perfectly. It also works great from a box blind as it has the lighted reticle, and on the lowest setting is perfect for almost too dark to shoot conditions.

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 01/24/20.