Originally Posted by DollarShort
Originally Posted by Elliot
Hey guys what about Hornady Superformance SST.243 Win 95-Grain ? Or are they just the same as Federal blue box ?

My rifle has a slow twist, 10 or 11 to 1, and shoots the Superformance 80 grain GMX very well. It's a tough mono-metal bullet, but expensive and not something I'd waste at the range.

What is your rifle? Ruger, Remington, and Savage all have a faster twist and would probably shoot the 95 and 100 grain bullets better than a slower twist rifle would.

My 45 year old Rem 700 shoots most any 100 gr. well, including Hornady whitetail. Now that I finally got the right fore-end pressure on it!

It definitely does not like the 95 gr. I tried (Rem??) - I don't remember)) , which surprised the heck out of me. Lighter bullets it does not like nearly as well as any 100 gr. - so like the man says, buy a box of several and see what it likes. Good use for free stuff!

Having used Superperformance 150's in '06, I think for actual hunting in the .243, I'd shy away from it. It makes BIG holes at short ranges with my '06. Very fast expansion until it gets out about 300 yards and sheds some velocity. That is in my '06., used on over a half dozen caribou. Never used the SST's in .243 on game, so can't help you there with real life.

Still worth a try, both on range and in the field to see how it performs for you and your needs.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.