Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by brinky72
Originally Posted by Tom264
What kind of wolf did a chihuahua come from?

It’s hard to consider some of those ankle bitters dogs. But, they’re just inbred for many generations to be small. I guess I’d be pissed too all of the time if that was done to me.

I doubt we will never truly know how dogs came about or how anything really happen as none of us were there. All I know for sure is that in my opinion no other animal can connect with a person quite like a dog. I’ve have witnessed through working with them in hostile environments how truly loyal they can be. A dog will give its own life to protect its owner/master/ handler whatever. I haven’t witnessed that behavior in any other animal. So, I’m inclined to believe that the relationship is deeply rooted in our history of evolution and that it was one of coexistence. Just my warm and fuzzy take.

I have seen it in a few good horses. The best Cavalry boys would die for their horse, with good cause. I have known several horses which would babysit little kids better than any dog ever could.

Seems like the worst of conditions brings out the best in us all. If someone or something had ever harmed one of my working dogs there would have been hell to pay. I always disliked it when our kennel master told us not to get attached to our dogs because they’re just a tool. What a bunch of crap. We depended on each other to get back in one piece. How do you not get attached.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.