I load for 8 different calibers/cartridges, one being 9MM. The short answer to your question is for 9MM generic hole punching ammo, it is no savings to reload them. Having said that, as several have mentioned, if you are set up to reload and have laid in a good supply of components, you will have ammo come what may as to shortages, political issues, etc. Additionally, there is significant savings in loading your own "business" and hunting ammo, especially in larger calibers. For instance, I can load .44 Mag with recycled brass, my own or range pick up, for about $8.00 - $17.00/box depending on what bullet I choose. Compare that to $35 -$45/box for store bought. As a plus, I can tweak my loads to my specs instead of just accepting what is offered for sale and it can be a rewarding hobby. Kinda like knitting, as someone mentioned.

Additionally, you can spend a lot of money on what I call semi-commercial or commercial equipment that can turn out copious quantities of ammo, or you can get a basic single stage press set up. A lot of difference in investment costs. Of course, you will always find that there are items you need and want that are not included in the "everything you need starter kits". What route to go will be determined by how much money are you willing to spend to get set up and how much time will you have to devote to using the equipment.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."