After perusing the various threads on custom gunmakers here for several years, I thought I'd add some pictures of a rifle my father had made by Pete Grisel prior to his joining Don Allen with Dakota. Pete did the wood and metal work on this rifle, a .270 Win built on an Argentine 1909 action. Dad wanted a lightweight rifle, and this fit the bill. A stock which was lightened internally in the buttstock (can't recall if one or two holes bored under the butt pad), honeycombed (for lack of better term) magazine, capped hollow bolt, and turned down barrel. Pete stated at the time that it was the best checkering job he had done, and it is flawless....no waves, no overruns, etc, in the fleur de lis pattern. I could go on and on, but I'll end saying that it is in the same condition as the day he picked it up from Pete, as he continued to hunt with another custom rifle he just couldn't move away from. As I recall, this rifle has had less than 100 rounds down the tube.

Unfortunately, Photobucket isn't allowing me to upload all the pictures I took of the other side of the rifle....odd. However, I will say that this rifle is for sale, as we are thinning out some of Dad's rifles after his passing. Other pictures are available upon request.

Click here for slideshow: Pete Grisel Rife Pics

Attached Images
IMG_1821.jpeg (18.29 KB, 956 downloads)
Last edited by kigercreek; 01/28/20.

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun...or to fish with a wimpy fly rod.