Question: Why? Seriously. I have three .38s and a .357. Two of the .38s are snubbies, a S&W M-36 and a Charter Arms Undercover, and one is a 4" barrel Taurus that was my father's. My .357 is a S&W M-19 4.25". I shoot all of them on occasion, but by far the M-19 the most, and usually with .38s in it. I carry .357s in it for "business" loads. Unless you are wanting to go to a smaller frame, such as a J frame S&W, or you find a really good deal on a .38, why buy one? The .357 of the same size category, as you know, does the exact same thing as a .38 and gives you the option of also using magnum loaded cartridges. A .357 is just a long .38 that can handle higher pressures. I mean, you know that. You have one. Now....If you are looking for an excuse to get a new gun, by all means do so. And, if you really just want something that is officially a .38 only, by all means go for it. That's the best reason I know of, right after needing one, is because you just want one. Enjoy whichever way you go with this.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."