Even with all of the democrats here 29 of 33 county sheriffs refuse to back the red flag BS the governor is trying to ram through. And just today the Dona Ana County Commission (Las Cruces) voted against a resolution supporting it so there may be some hope somewhere. I'm retired so don't need a job, don't have kids in school, don't hang out in the high crime places... plus my retirement income goes pretty far here, as well. What I can do is head out and go shooting, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. just a few minutes from town, and I find that once you get away from the cities people are pretty conservative. I even have a few neighbors that want me to take them along shooting. I'm right in the middle of Democrat Central in Santa Fe County and my family and I are probably some of the few Republican votes in the whole damn place. I think of us as moles on the inside bucking the system. Not watching the local news, ignoring the local rag newspaper (SF New Mexican) and not discussing politics with anyone helps keep my blood pressure down. For all that NM may or may not have, I've lived in worse places!

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.