zipper

I had some 412s in 9.3X74R back when I was still a strong guy and loved them. My first was a special close out from Cape Outfitters when Don was still alive. It was actually the early Tikka manufactured guns. It was 12/9,3X74R with double triggers. I took it to Tanzania in 2000 on a buffalo hunt and to Zimbabwe for a kudu. It kept the kitchen supplied with francolin and Guinea, and was a delight to carry. It was somewhat lighter than the Finnish Valmets. I added a set of the Lothar Walther DR barrels in double 9,3.

The 412 guns became just too heavy for me a few years ago, and I went to the somewhat lighter 300 series guns. They're not as strong, but I'm not shooting 9,3s now.

I saw you use Makarov bullets for plinkers. I've used the Hoenady .365 95gr jacketed bullets for several years in my 9,3X62 and in several 9,3X72R guns I once had. I simply loaded a healthy measured scoop of Trail Boss for under the Makarov bullets. They work GREAT and make an excellent small game load.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”