Tongue weight should be 9-15% of your total trailer weight loaded ready to roll..I like 10% and how it handles..Mine tongue weight was weighed at the dealer because they could not believe how it sat down my new F-150..They couldn't adjust it enough for a level ride so I took it to the RV park I was staying at and went down the next morning and got air bags put on..End of problem although I did have to re-adjust the hitch to match the bags..

A weight distribution hitch does not hurt anything infact,I recommend it to novice rv'rs regardless of trailer weight..I just did not use it or need it pulling the two 24 and 25ft travel trailers with my F-150 and they both were in the 5K category..I personally set the need for a WD hitch at 26ft,but that's just me and I have been pulling camp trailers for 53 years..I love to fulltime in an RV and my garage is full of parts from A-Z...

Your 3300# trailer has a max weight allowed somewhere on the trailer...Just guessing I would say around 5000# total weight or 1700# of stuff is max depending what brand your trailer is..If you want the safest ride to AK then you should think sway bar to go with your WD hitch..There fairly cheap and super easy to install and keep the speed down as speed and trailers don't mix well when things happen....

Your on the right track and maybe my previous post was off for your needs and experience..Good luck on your trip....