Thanks, Dwayne. The first day of the month has had me up all night figuring how to make pontoons for my tractor and excavator due to the Biblical rain we've been having. But otherwise, things are pretty good smile

Your reminisces of previous hoplophobia are a good reminder that this isn't new. And as to being disarmed, there was the ominous statement from Lloyd Axworthy in 1998, plus the earlier one from Sen. Sharon Carstairs (re. Bill C-68- supposedly the government's "response" to the École Poly massacre) :

"C-68 has little to do with gun control or crime control, but it is the first step necessary to begin the social re-engineering of Canada." (Senator Sharon Carstairs , 1996)

"...disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." (Foreign Affairs Minister Lloyd Axworthy at a Gun Control conference in Oslo, Norway in 1998.)

And yes, it is simply driving the wedge even deeper between rural & urban populations, when what we desperately need is a government that will try to work to heal the rift. Having grown up in Vancouver and been active in the arts (music) there, I find myself somewhat torn on many issues since I guess I've been part of the "urban elite" and still have some good friends there.

This pandering to illusory substantial public support for "more gun control" is just trying to buy votes from a gun-ignorant public and goes far beyond the allegedly "evil" nature of certain classes of firearms, and is why it's important for even regular hunters like yourself and many on this Forum to sign. I myself have no interest in the AR platform; my current interest is handguns, which are also being queued up for punitive action by delusional mayors of some cities. You have to wonder what some of these people are smoking- even though some of "it" is actually legal now smile

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.