I have 6.5 GAP custom Mountain Rifle Titanium action, the barrel is 1 in 8 twist 24" Bartlein 2B. I use 156 Berger's from Copper Creek Ammo. They are supposed to be going 2930 fps, my LabRadar has them going at 2850 fps. The rifle is fairly new (less than 100 rounds down the tube), barrel isn't fully broken in. I killed two bull elk last year, both bang flops. The Wyoming bull was standing broadside at 250 yards, high shoulder shot and a complete pass thru. The Colorado bull was full out running at about 150 yards, sort of parallel to me when he decided running up a hill was the wrong move. Just as he turned towards me I shot free hand and the bullet hit the bull above the shoulder at the base of the neck, about 3/4 head on, dropped him right there. The 156 Berger rode the spine down to where it meets the pelvis, the bullet traveled 3+ feet and at a close shot distance impact, I'm sold. They shoot great.

I have a 6.5 PRC GAP Extreme Hunter coming next week, I'm going to be shooting some 156 Berger's from Copper Creek, I'll let you know how they shoot.