Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Lolol I know and have known several Cubans. And quite a few Mormons. When I take a position I make it a point to do so from a position of knowledge, not ignorance. Having an education, and reading and listening are great, but are not the same thing as personal knowledge.

You'd do better to listen and watch more and generalize less.

Enjoy your evening.

What you are stating is what is called "empirical evidence" and your statement above regarding generalizations is EXACTLY what I am saying (and so stated in my initial response to you). And you (and others) did, but that was a gross generalization as well. There are millions of jet-black ZImbabweans and perhaps 5-8K remaining whites there, whose roots go back to the "Great Trek" to Rhodesia in the 1650s and they have not a drop of negroid blood in them. Same goes for Cuba or anywhere else for that matter. Never said you were ignorant or anything close. All I said was I was not ready to buy into monolithic characterizations of a particular group of people, but in the case of the Mormons, I also stated I could be wrong.

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/06/20.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”