Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Originally Posted by WAM
If you’re unhappy with the resident license fees, you’d be really unhappy as a nonresident. If they jack up the NR fees enough to discourage NR hunters, guess who makes up the shortfall for your enterprise agency CPW? Not likely campers and hikers.....

That’s the thing. No matter how high they get, non residents will buy them with a smile.

True enough.....until the economy takes a dip, and it always does, and disposable income takes a dip for average wage earners who will stop doing expensive out of state hunts. I bet if 10% of NR hunters didn’t show up it would mean no more new $75k pickup trucks for game rangers for a while! LOL!

Two things.

Even during the Great Recession there was no shortage of people applying for tags.

I don’t know where this idea that game wardens get a new fancy pickup every year comes from. Every warden pickup I’ve ever seen looks the same. Steel wheels, vinyl seats and floors, crank windows and manual locks. Listening to people talk you’d think they were out patrolling in a fuggin Escalade.