Originally Posted by Jedi5150
Originally Posted by renegade50
But but but but....
Cruises are the greatest thing since individual sliced, wrapped, and processed american cheese according to many on here.

LOL!!!

Have you ever been on one? I'm guessing not, based on your comment.

I've only been on 3 so far, and loved every minute of them. Holland America is about 3x as good as Carnival, for anyone interested. The food is to die for, and the clientele of HAL ships is far more mature and less "party" than Carnival. I've taken all sorts of vacations during my life, and a cruise is far in a way the most relaxing. There isn't even a distant second. They also aren't outrageously priced. By the time you factor in 3 meals a day, gas, hotels, entertainment, etc., a decent cruise can be one of the least expensive ways to take a vacation.

When I retire from my current career, I plan on starting a second career on a HAL ship. I guess that probably shows how much I enjoyed cruises. But never listen to the opinion of folks who have actually gone on them, you may learn something. wink BY and large, folks who have been on cruises will tell you they loved it, and folks who have never been will say they are awful. You should ponder that for a second.

I've been on two and they both sucked. Maybe the third time would be a charm, but I'm not betting on it.