Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I usually have a loading block on a piece of braided twine or buckskin around my neck. They have 5 holes drilled thru em. 5 greased-patched round balls. Antler or brass powder charger hanging off powder horn. I seat ball with my wiping stick, prime and go!

I carry a hunting pouch too! I take my time. I’ve learned that if you have time for a second shot, take your time and reload. Besides you don’t wanna walk up on a "dead" critter with an empty gun!

Unless to are going to dispatch em with your hirschfanger! 😉. That can get sporty!

Our old buddy Sharpsguy showed me that patched round ball carrier he has, pretty damn handy setup I must say.

Loading blocks are great. I have a 3-hole loading block for my 62 rifle. Same for my 16ga fowler (648 cal ball).

For my 36 rifle (squirrels), I have an 8-hole block. My change in process till next season is patch cutting at the muzzle. You cut them on the block like it's a muzzle, but then I can carry a pre-lubed strip of fabric and if I empty my loading block, I still can carry a shot bag of round balls and start one on the strip of patch material, cut, load, continue. Beats the heck outta hand cutting patches all the time, I know that much!