Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It shouldn't have happened.

It didn't do them any good.

It made them look like schidt.

They have some great players, and I hope they can get past it. But I don't have the enthusiasm this season that I did the past couple of seasons.

Originally Posted by centershot
I think the Astros are the ones that got caught............I believe all the teams are doing everything they can to gain an advantage. I know a kid that pitches for the Astros, maybe in a few years when he retires the real story can be told.

These two quotes pretty much sum the issue up for me...... I've been an Astro fan for years but what happened is not right under any circumstances. There is still far more to come out about this issue, I'm sure, and not all of it will involve just the Astros. MLB gave the teams the option to gain an electronic advantage with how the electronic re-play and scouting stuff was implemented. To think that the Astrso were the only ones to get involved is being very naive. The Astros were simply the ones who got caught beating on a trash can.

That said, again what the Astos did was 1000% wrong and I condemn it. However, for the poster who said some good people got fired as a result, as much as I've been an AJ Hinch fan, he failed miserable by not putting an extremely strong foot down immediately and nipping this in the bud when he first became aware. He didn't and as a result the inmates were allowed to run the asylum. The ironic part of this is that the two people who instigated this entire debacle are no longer with the Astros and both moved on to better places in their careers...... Carlos Beltran and Alex Cora. Yes, it cost them their future jobs too, but it speaks to the likely widespread idea that, "We won't get caught" The Astros got caught.......

As for those who equate this to simple on-field sign tipping and stealing that has been and is a part of the game, what happened with the Astros went beyond that when they started using real-time electronic information to gain an immediate on-field advantage.

MLB as a whole is on watch by the fans as a result, and MLB has a role in this too. Hopefully MLB will clean its act up and will not leave low hanging fruit for MLB teams to grab in a highly competitive market.........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ