I bought a 5 hours Mercury last year. There are things I don tike about it. It is a 1 cylinder and it is not very smooth. Also, it does not start well when its was cold, like 25 degrees during deer gun season. I had to take out the spark plug and put s bit of gas in it ( a real little bit) and on the spark plug. I can tell you though, it uses so little gas its not funny. This is a 5 horse and use it on my fishing boat in the summer so it doesnt matter if it doesnt start when its cold cause I am getting another outboard that is a short shaft . Not the best idea using a long shaft on a short shaft Jon Boat. I will get another for the Jon boat for cold weather. Does anyone have experience with cold weather starting ? I would buy whatever you guys said starts in cold weather. Sometimes even as low as 15 degrees to cross an icy river for gun deer season. BUT, the darn thing has to start when its cold!!

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23