Going to finally be getting my Kimber Hunter with the pretty wood off of layaway by this weekend, and it is scope decision time. I have about narrowed it down to these models, and would appreciate any comments regarding experience with these scopes, and any photos of them on rifles would be appreciated greatly also:

#1. Leupold VXI 2-7x 33mm
#2. Leupold VXI 2-7x28mm Rimfire Special
#3. Weaver RV-7 2.5-7x 28mm rimfire
#4. Burris FFII 2-7x35mm with ballistic plex reticle.

I like Leupold because of previous great experieces with their products. I know how to reset the parallax free distance myself, so getting any of the centerfire scopes would be no problem for me. The Weaver 2.5-7x rimfire is the cheapest, but I have heard nothing but good from them. I'm worried it would look a little long as compared to the other scopes, otherwise it's pretty good. I like the Ballistic Plex reticle on the Burris, but it's one of the Phillipines built scopes, no longer a USA Burris. Wondering about the quick eyepiece focus and that the entire ocular bell rotates to change magnification, looks like I would constantly be rotating the reticle focus accidentally. I like the Leupold Rimfire Special, but I need matte finish to match the Kimber Hunter 22's finish, and it is $20 higher to get a matte finished scope. I'd need low rings for all but the Burris; I have a set of medium Leupold matte rings to go on the bases that are already on the rifle. All the others would require another $20 to $25 for a set of low rings. I want to keep the entire purchase under $250.00.

Feed me some pros and cons of each if possible.

Last edited by Phillip_Nesmith; 05/28/07.