I bought both in .357 magnum. I bought the Ruger first, then polished internals and experimented with trigger springs, and while it was better than stock, I just didn't care for the trigger pull. It seemed to "stack" a lot just before breaking. Then I bought a 3" model 60, which I've wanted for years, worked over the trigger on it and really liked it. Found no real difference in accuracy between the two guns, but I liked everything about the Smith better. The looks, the lighter weight, and the trigger pull. So I sold the Ruger to a friend. He thought it had one of the lightest trigger pulls he ever felt- but then he's never shot anything but a stock trigger before, and only shoots single action.

I also widened the rear sight window a little on both to be able to see a little light on each side of the front sight and added some white outline. The 4.2" Ruger had a nice fiber optic front, the 3" Smith doesn't. I painted the Smith's hot pink with my daughter's fingernail polish to make it stand out better. I also changed grips on both guns to something that suited me better. The stock Smith grips have a deep curve that made the recoil hit me in the most tender part of my hand.

Ignore the Ruger front sight here. I was in the experimental stages of cutting it off and JB Welding it back together. Hogue wood grips here.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The Smith with it's .22 twin. Shows the front sight and Altamont grips.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]