Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Thanks Yoder, just what we needed down here.

Have posted this before in other fora, but it's my explanation to relatives how rural we are. The gate to "my backyard" , three sides of our property are BLM land, square miles of it for me to roam, the gate is a 50 yard walk from my driveway:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My house is at the near edge of the yellow grass in the valley below, picture taken from close to the top of the nearest ridge in the "gate" pic:

This "neighbor" in my woodpile is no longer with us. A year or so after this pic was taken, he found out about a 12g load of #6 as he wouldn't leave the chicken yard fence one night. I'd have preferred he was smart enough to avoid that, as they are hell on the ground squirrels and gophers I hate, but I can't have one digging under the chicken fence.

We're not as rural as some, only 15 miles from town.

Geno

I bet the UPS guy HATES your azz...…………………

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, my nearest neighbor on the other side of the road, 200 yards or so?, has a special needs kid and they order stuff al the time. And it's 2020 so everybody out here does the "Amazon" thing because we are so far from everything. 'Town" is 2800 folks, whole county has something like 2 or 3 per square mile, 2 hours from the nearest big town, 3 hours to a Costco. So the FedEx/UPS folks come out this way every day or so.

We got lucky when we found this place, on a county maintained paved road so it gets plowed if more than a couple of inches of snow. We're the only house on this side of our 2.5 mile long road, my neighbor who holds the grzing allotment is a cool guy. If one has to live rural, other than being in Kommiefornia, this ain't so bad!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?