The bank will hold the title of any boat that’s being financed. If you pay in full, you should be lien free. I currently have a 2015 Lund Fury XL 1625 tiller with a Mercury 4-stroke 40hp. I know all Lunds other than the jon boats have composite transoms as of 2017 or 2018.

I bought the Fury XL because its really stable, came with a complete vinyl interior, and has a pretty open layout. I really wanted an Alaskan 1600, but got a great deal on the Fury. After having it for a few years, I’m happy I went with the Fury. It has a lot more storage. I have a MinnKota Terrova 80# bow mount trolling motor. Its a 24v battery system and will run for several days on one charge. Mine also has i-pilot, which allows me to control the boat with a remote from the helm.

One thing I really regret is going cheap and not getting an outboard with power trim. Its a real pain in the azz to lift the motor manually. I’d also opt for the 50hp if I could do it again.

If you want something more basic, the Lund SSV 16 is a nice boat. Since they come as a bare boat, you have more motor choices. I’d have gone with a Yamaha.