I bought the Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 because of the following reasons:

• I was specifically looking for something with an objective around (no larger) than 32 mm
  • I began appreciate the low powers on variables when going in to the field
  • Did not feel a need for more than 7x on a 22lr
  • Had some friends on the fire speak highly of Hawke value and QC
  • Fully multicoated, click adjustments, on sale for around $100- very low risk

Observations and how it turned out:
  • Power range is PERFECT for all situations where I might use the Ruger
  • Bright as heck. Nice glass, no tunnel vision, no flare problems.
  • Repeatable clicks- tracks as hoped. Has kept poa. Admittedly I did spend a couple of dollars and add a recoil buffer because it is a semiauto after all.
  • Did seem a bit large for a 32mm - although not heavy or off balancing. Feels natural now.
  • Good eye relief
  • It has greatly increased the fondness for the rifle- and validated best ammo (which were as recommended the CCI standard velocity stuff)

I am sure Athlon and other scopes out there would be fine, maybe even better although I can't imagine in what way or situation that would be for my use of the 22LR. Some want more X's, some larger objectives, or 'more' something but for keeping a 1022 fast handling or 75 yard plinking...squirrels....turtles- my def of 22 stuff - could not be happier with it even at twice the cost.

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/17/20.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius