Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
IMO your rifle is the perfect candidate for a factory letter.
Fingers crossed,... the letter would confirm rifle grade, special, etc. and may even include plating.
Either way, the value of the rifle stays the same or doubles depending.

I also think a movie prop would be beat up. A prop wouldn't need a rifle like that. But, ya never know.
It's a special rifle probably owned by a movie star. The story got twisted somewheres.

It could have, or it could be exactly what I was told. A factory letter won't verify it's use after leaving the factory. I guess I need to try to remember what I can and lay it out for the jury. It was plated for use in silent movie(s) produced by D.W. Griffith. It was said to have been plated for better visability in black and white movies. I do not know when or who plated it.

It was lost in a poker game to the family I got it from (through a dealer). How it went from movies to private onwership, or whether it was privately owned while being used in movies I don't know. The family that sold it had owned it for decades.

Is any of this true? I don't know. Is it factory plated? I don't know but normally the factory did not plate the entire rifle. Whether they made an exception for a movie company and did this one, I could only speculate.

Maybe a factory letter would help. i guess it's just not that important to me. I have it because I like looking at it. Part of the appeal is the wondering about it's history. A factory letter could tell me something about it, and I probably should order one. I've not been convinced the new letters sound all that great.

LOL