Folks,

For the 7th year in a row Jorge, myself, Jorge and our spouses traveled the Chateau De Hatari for a late season GA plantation bird hunt. Alas, our good friend Zeke is OCONUS on work so he and his spouse didn't make it but Hatari had a local friend Ken who fit right in for the hunting portion.

This is more than a hunt and is a weekend with good friends. We started with going to a show on FRIDAY PM of a highschool classmate of Jeff's, Wynn Varble accompanied by his two friends. Max D Barnes and Gary Hannan. A couple hours of funny stories of country music and life in a really great venue. Very enjoyable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Off we went in the am to https://www.burntpine.com. A first class operation as we've seen in the past. We split up into pairs with a guide and dogs each. We do a morning hunt and the weather could not have been finer with clear skies and temps starting in the high thirties and finishing up in the low fifties. Jorge and hunted with a guide using two mature English pointers, a learning pointer and a Boykin flusher. Yes, I texted my wife this pic and she said "steal her" grin

We had a good morning with the birds flying well in a variety of situations. Some hold overs had covey'ed up so we had a couple rises of 6-7 birds and the fun of hunting singles. It's a mixed bag so we mostly had quail but bagged 6 chukars and 3 pheasants too.

Hatari and Ken had a similar enjoyable morning. It's one of the first times Ken's shot birds over pointers and like all of us agree, the dogs really are the most fun.

So another great trip with great friends. If the good lord told me the only hunting I could dog for eternity would be upland over dogs I'd be good with that. Great thanks to Mr and Mrs Hatari for again putting up with our household invasion with good humor, although his Norweign Elk Hounds looked a little forlorn that the suppliers of all the extra tummy and ear rubs were leaving.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated