'Nother sad story, same neck of the woods; 16yo Indian girl wanders off from the rest area north of Hardin on New Year's Day, dunno the time, left there by a group coming home from a party, maybe in Billings, gone when a relative arrived to pick her up. It was unseasonably warm at that time for Montana; lows only in the 30's that night and New Year's Eve, highs close to 50, not cold enough to dress for serious cold . Maybe she passed out and died from hypothermia I dunno.

16 years old, looks like a nice kid.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/body-found-near-rest-area-montana-confirmed-be-selena-not-n1118951

IIRC Hardin is about 25 miles south, I stopped in at that small rest area to take a nap back in July on my bike trip headed south from Billings to the Little Big Horn, the usual friendly folks I encountered everywhere up there. Didn't think a tragedy quite like this would happen there.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02/17/20.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744