Was reading the thread about using coated cast bullets in Glocks and lo and behold, I recently bought two Glock 9mm's. I also have 1000 commercial lubed 9mm bullets from a small custom maker. They test out at 15 BHN on the ol' LBT Hardness Tester so I'm guessing they are Lyman #2 or something similar. The lube appears to be the typical waxy hard red lube found on a lot of commercial bullets.

I was thinking of melting out the lube and then coating the bullets. 1) I'm using coated bullets in a GP-100 revolver and really like the lack of lube smoke and 2) coating seems to eliminate a lot of the maybes and whatif's associated with lead and Glocks. I'd just as soon avoid the whole problem.

Sooo - what's the cleanest way to completely remove the old lube from 1000 bullets? I can heat them in an oven to melt it out but then they're sitting in a puddle of melted lube. If I apply powder to them then any lube still on any part of a bullet is going to melt during the curing process and carry away the powder.

To be honest, I'd just as soon not reload 9mm but I have this pile of cast bullets and a few gallon bags of empty brass and don't want to waste them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!