I have a 9' 5wt and an 8 wt XP and they are two of my favorite rods. Like binoculars the improvements are in small increments and a good rod will always be a good rod, just like good glass.

I would also consider an 11' switch rod for your use. These can be used as a single or double, spey or over head. They are not quite as good as a rod specifically designed as a spey rod but they are not far behind.

This place has really inexpensive Spey and Switch rods and they are actually pretty good especially considering the price, (check out the reviews). This would be a low cost way to try out a switch or spey rod and then you could always upgrade if you felt the need. https://theanglersroost.com/products/graphite-rods/graphite-spey-rods/index.html

Like you I am reluctant to go spey as I have over 15 top end rods that don't get used enough already. But it is fun what little I have done.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli