^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What everyone else has said about the CZ Scouts, I have three, a 452 and two 455s, and they shoot with the full-sized guns, if not a bit better. I like the 455s a bit better, the triggers are a fuzz better than the 452s, but all of them can be tinkered with, and made a lot better. They come with a single-shot "adapter", and take the regular magazines. The 455s and 456s are already threaded for suppressors, have iron sights, and are just great little rifles.
I had a 455 American stock laying around, and put one of my Scouts in it, making it a handy gun for anything I might want to use it for. You can do the same with the 457s, but not the 452s, they use a different method of stock attachment. All the 455s and 457s use the same magazines and barrels, so you can mix/match anything anyway you want to, within the model #. Modular is an awfully handy feature, and you can, later on, buy him a .22WMR or .17HMR barrel to plug in, too.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.