Was crossing back into the US a couple years ago hauling a horse for a buddy.

At the border I talk to the initial contact at the window. Give him passport and answer questions etc. He said ok, park and go do the vet paperwork. Go in and meet the vet. Do all the checks, paperwork etc. He says I am good to go. I start to leave and realize they still have my passport so I go over to a different desk and wait while 2 bp guys chat for a bit. Finally a guy kind of glares at me like WTF do you want.

I explain that initial contact guy took my passport and told me to retrieve it when I was done.

He looked at me and said, "That's just it, you aren't done." I thought, "ok, here we go."

He acts the a$$. Asking the same questions all over again Tell him I am hauling a horse and he gets PO'd about that and directs me to go do vet checkout etc. Vet hollers from just inside his office that it's all good. So the guy asks if I have ANYTHING he needs to be aware of. I tell him maybe 4 beers from a 6-pack I bought to have with supper last night. Asks again insinuating that I am hiding something. Same answer. He said he was going to search.

I explained that I had a very large doberman in the truck that loves me and really doesn't care for strangers and I made it very clear that he should not be opening the doors to the truck. I offered to go get the dog, leash him and take him out of the truck. I start to follow him as he heads to the door, he told me to stay there, he would handle it.

Guy goes outside and it's about 10-15 yards away where the truck and trailer were. After he walks out I hear my dog going absolutely ballistic. Only other guy in there being held up and checked just smiled at me. Dipschit bp guy comes rushing back in, blows past me and goes to the back office and hollers, "I need backup, I need help"

He an another bp guy come out and the a-hole with the napolean complex tells me to go get my dog and take him across the driving lanes to the fence and stay there. I do so and they search the truck and of course nothing is there.

Now, during my stop there with this A-hole and the vet, I saw probably 50+ Canadian semis roll through that were waved right on through after their initial stop. Pretty much all of the drivers were of middle-eastern descent. 2 people were stopped at this point being checked out, myself and an American guy driving a construction truck and he was wearing a cowboy hat. Only thing I can think of is this dick got bullied by cowboys as a kid and is extracting some retribution.

My dog got a lot of petting and love and treats that day.

Last edited by Tarkio; 02/20/20.

Montana MOFO