yep I was part of that fiasco in PA. People shooting 5-10 deer / year giving away the meat then bitching about not being able to even see a track of a deer, go figure.

Hunters are the same everywhere as are the CPW, whatever their call letters are. Hunters wanna shoot em and CPW wants to cash in. Personally I think it is largely because of the city life, most hunters have no connection to land or animals and if the tag is issued they believe the animals are there in appropriate numbers to allow them to fill it. When they see nothing they just assume that it was them being "unlucky".

College buddy of mine had a big lease in SC PA (somerset) and wasn't about to let gary ault tell him not to shoot small bucks, so they did. BUT when Gary Ault said shoot more does it was gospel, so they did, basically they shot anything brown and after 3-5 years there was no brown, and who did he blame?

$#^&% GARY AULT!!!

Hunters are mostly dumb as a rock, sad to say.

If game and fish would manage for the good of the animals and let money and politics be damned imagine what we could have.

never really was able to wrap my head around the "we need to kill them or they will die" philosophy.