Its called "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes. Its a whopper.....about an inch thick and no pictures! laugh Came out about 10 years ago.

Its certainly pro "low carb" eating or seemingly so. I haven't read but a small amount and have skipped around a bit. I plan to study it well.

But the thing that gets me about it is everything you know and have heard of about this stuff has been around forever. Apparently these diets come and go and get recycled as the "next big thing". People were recommending the equivalent of the Atkins diet in the 19th century. Ditto the "carnivore diet". Ditto the "ketogenic diet". Ditto the vegetarian diet. King Solomon was right.....nothing new under the sun.

Get this quote from page 1......

"Farinaceous and vegetable foods are fattening, and saccharine matters are especially so.....In sugar growing countries the Negroes and cattle employed on the plantations grow remarkably stout while the cane is being gathered and the sugar extracted. During the harvest the saccharine juices are freely consumed: but when the season is over, the superabundant adipose tissue is gradually lost." Thomas Hawkes Tanner, "The Practice of Medicine", 1869.

Last edited by RJY66; 02/21/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn