firstcoueswas80:
Good afternoon sir, I'm sorry to read about the impending divorce and hope other than that life will get lined out and running straight for you sooner than later.

While I'm not a professional diesel mechanic, one of my nephews is, I've owned an '03 5.9 for 11 years and as well as being a bit of a diesel head I work at a Big 3 dealership where we sell about 85% pickups.

Based on all that then, I'd say that Vek hit the multiple nails on the head.

You really and truly want to know your exhaust temperatures and I'd go further and say that if you're towing, it's not a bad plan to know the transmission temperature either. For that matter, if you're going to tow really AND truly heavy things, it would be nice to know your rear end temperature too.

After that, I'd go with Vek's recommendations.

Again I hope your life settles out reasonably well in a short time.

As a semi-old guy looking back on life, I'd say that I've learned the most from when the vagaries of life didn't go as expected but then I recall my late father telling me, "You know Dwayne, if you're not learning something, better look around 'cause you're likely dead!"

Then he'd touch my arm the way old guys sometimes do, change the inflection in his voice and say, "But sometimes you'll find out you don't want to learn that again, you know?"

Anyway sir, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers this afternoon and of course good luck on the 5.9 project whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"