I’m in the same boat.

Have parts at the smiths as we speak waiting on McM, going to be a .22 Creed. I didn’t want one, spent several weeks trying to come up with something that “looks” better, on paper and charts(talking 88s here). Seeing one in action at the 600ish yard line this weekend reaffirmed all. Too much for me not to build one.

When it’s done, if I’m satisfied with the parts I’m using, I plan on duping it in something bigger. Mostly so I’ll be legal here in VA for deer and bear, and something I can carry on the occasional elk hunt. Although it doesn’t blow you away on paper, a .260 ( or AI/Terminator) pushing 139 Scenars makes a whole lot of sense to me. I’ll be running DBM with AICS mags, so I’m a little more generous to COAL constraints than someone running a blind mag or hinged setup.

I think I’d be well covered for all but the biggest bears. No way I’ll ever afford that, and I don’t play the lottery so it’s a non issue.

So it’s 22 Creed and .260 for me. Quite a few more that’ll do about the same though. So much good stuff out there these days, a guy has a lot of good options. Brass availability (quality brass) is something I always consider now as well.

Last edited by Holston; 02/23/20.