I have the Brockman's pop up peep that he fastened to the rear of the Talley base. It is on my old Mod. 70 Featherweight 30-06 and a Sourdough front sight insert. I keep it zeroed at 100 yards and if the scope craps out when were back in the bush here in Alaska I feel like I can get by with it. Maybe things have changed, but getting a hold of some one at Brockman's was not easy for quite awhile.

I have the NECG sights on my .Mod. 70 .338 and the rear is a barrel mounted peep. Not as good as a receiver mounted peep, but my old eyes like it better then regular irons sights. My Husky Lite 30-06 also has a Sourdough up front and a Skinner barrel mounted peep in the rear. I have the XS white line flat top post front sight on two of my peep sighted lever guns and like them better then my old Sourdoughs and see them better. So I may switch out my Sourdough front sights.

I know lots of hunters that don't have back up iron sights and two of them are hard core sheep hunters. They just rely on their Leupold scopes. They don't read the Campfire Optic Forums. I guess it is an individual choice. My "gitterdone" rifles are that old pre-64 30-06 and my custom Mod. 70 .338. They will always have back up iron sights zeroed for 100 yards.

I wish some of these smart guys that make fire arms would spend more time designing peep sights that stay attached to the rifle.